Although the site for the macro combined with its comments section provides a great number of examples on what syntax to use to accomplish what you want in your diagream, its a bit scatterred so here are my facorites lsited in a neat order:
- How do I write a line? I know how to write single words but I write multiple words with space in them then they each become separate nodes!
- Instead of writing: thisIsNodeA -> thisIsNodeB
- You can use quotations to write: "This is node A" -> "This is node B"
- How do I add text next to the arrows leading from one node to the other?
- "Node A" -> "Node B" [label="text associated w/ arrow", fontsize=10]
- If you try this without the fontsize, it will still work but you will quickly realize that the default fontsize is way too big.
- How do I break up the text for my line across multiple lines? How do I add a newline?
- "Text for Node A \n will show up on two lines" > "Text for Node B will show up in one line"
- The use of \n allows you to break up the text across multiple lines