Friday, March 1, 2013

Multiline config for Procfile and .env in Foreman

  • Can we spread out our configuration in a .env file for Foreman across multiple lines?
    • At first I thought that this fix to Foreman allowed me break long confugrations across multiple lines the way that I wanted:
      JAVA_OPTS=-Xmx384m -Xss512k \
                                 -XX:+UseCompressedOops
      MAVEN_OPTS=-Xmx384m -Xss512k -XX:+UseCompressedOops
    • But that's not the case as I found out via trial & error. Now I think its simply not supported.
  • Can we spread out our configuration in a Procfile file for Foreman across multiple lines?
    • Nope, trial & error resulted in the same deal as above.
    • BUT ... I found a nifty clue here, which allowed me to setup a workaround like this:
      # contents of Procfile
      web:      ./webapp-runner.sh

      # contents of webapp-runner.sh
      java $JAVA_OPTS \
               -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore="cacerts.jks" \
               -jar target/dependency/webapp-runner.jar --port $PORT target/*.war

0 comments:

Post a Comment