Steps taken between Nov 12, 2012 and Mar 7, 2013 to finally get it going:
- Started with a tutorial.
- Then went here to download Jenkins for mac.
- I tried 5 builds so far via Jenkins, all resulted in failure, solved a few configuration issues to resolve problems, and now I'm facing an issue that has to do with keychains. Tried to follow this thread to figure out the appropriate action.
- Decided to uninstall Jenkins using these instructions
- Instead used a new installer that circumvents the keychain access issues.
I let it checkout my project into its workspace once at:
/Users/pulkitsinghal/.jenkins/jobs/my_project/workspaceBut afterwards I deleted that workspace and soft-linked it with the actual directory which I already have setup for development:
cd /Users/pulkitsinghal/.jenkins/jobs/my_projectAnd I completely turned off the git checkout process in the Jenkin's job configuration just to be safe ... although I should have been able to get away by simply ignoring submodules too but why checkout when I don't need to.
ln -s ~/dev/my_project/ ./workspace
Then I bumped my head on this:
fatal error: 'RestKit/RestKit.h' file not found
1 error generated.
- It should have already been working based on the directions from the RestKit website:
Add the following Header Search Paths (including the quotes):
"$(BUILT_PRODUCTS_DIR)/../../Headers"But I suppose for some reason that meant one thing to Xcode and something entirely different to jenkins-xcode-plugin. So through trial and error and watching the logs, I figured out that I needed to add:
"$(BUILT_PRODUCTS_DIR)/../my_project/Build/Headersin order for jenkins-xcode-plugin to pick it up and work with it properly.
- Ran into another road-block ... posted question to stackoverflow.
- Then got stuck due to this issue.